Are you dreaming of a restful night sleep? Sleep is so important for our overall wellbeing. Sleep is the precious time that allows our mind and body to rest and to begin it’s own healing.
Reflexology stimulates the reflex points on our feet and subtly impacts the whole of our body, physically, mentally and emotionally. Using some simple reflexology in your bedtime routine can help you or a family member drift off to sleep.
Attending regular reflexology treatments is a fantastic way to set you up for a good night sleep. However, this may not always be possible. No matter if your a regular reflexology goer or just learning all about the wonderful benefits of Reflexology, this simple guide will have you sweet dreaming in no time. Better yet, get your partner on board and do a treatment swap.
- Turn off all distractions and start by a nice foot soak. Even a short rinse or wash is good.
- Simply being by using light, gentle pressure, massage both feet and relax each foot, one at a time. Gently pressing, squeezing, kneading.
- Starting on the right foot, begin on the sole of the foot, press in a vertical line up from the heel to the big toe, move one space over and press from the heel up to the next toe and continue until you finish at the baby toe.
- Gentle press your thumb into the solar plexus on your foot -see picture above and take a few deep belly breaths in and out.
- Repeat on the left foot – This simple technique will have you covering most of the reflex points.
- From the inside of your big toe and following the boney structure of your arch which represents the spinal reflexes, gently sweep down the palm of your head from the top to bottom, repeat 3 times. This is a very soothing and calming technique.
- End with using feather light strokes – using your finger tips and barely touching your skin glide your fingertips on the soles, sides of feet and top of feet. from the bottom of your feet upwards. Gentle press on the solar reflex point again.
You can also work specific areas of concern to this simple routine. During your Reflexology treatments I will go through added reflex points that you can add in.
A simple treatment swap between you and your partner is also a nice way to connect at the end of a busy day and know that you are both benefiting from this wonderful practice.
I hope you found this article interesting and reap the benefits of adding reflexology into your night time routine.
If you would like to book a reflexology treatment with Anita at Soma Wellness, Ballydesmond, you can contact her on 087-1917907 to arrange your treatment time.