Ask and you shall receive. Gluten free porridge bread is a staple in our house. I put some pictures up on Instagram recently of porridge bread and got a few requests on how to make it. So here it is…..
- 1 500g tub of natural yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 300g of porridge oats (not instant or quick oats, just regular porridge oats) we use gluten free oats.
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Optional – 2 tablespoons seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds, chia seeds, linseeds) whatever you like, mix and match
- Sesame seeds or porridge oats for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (please note temperatures may vary depending on your oven)
- Line a baking tin with baking paper
- mix yogurt, egg and honey or maple syrup in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix porridge oats, salt, baking soda and seeds together
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend together.
- Pour into the baking tin and even out
- cut a cross on the top of the mixture
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds or porridge oats
- Bake in the over for 30 minutes at 180 degrees
- Reduce heat to 150 degrees and bake for a further 30 minutes
This bread is so quick and simple to make. My little lady loves helping to make it (and eat it warm with butter!!!) If I have a busy week coming up I will make a double batch, cut one loaf into slices and freeze it.
You can try different flavours such as savoury try adding sundried tomatoes and basil or mixed fruits for a sweeter version. If I am doing one of these options I usually leave out the seeds.