Pregnancy is a wonderful time in a mom’s life, it has often been referred to as a “roller-coaster of emotions”. Pregnancy most often is a joyous and happy event but it can equally come with it’s own set of worries, anxiety and stresses, along with hormonal, emotional and physical changes to the body is it any wonder that it is a massive change in a mom’s life. Considering all of the above it is only natural for mom to want or need a little extra TLC, a safe space she can go to and just be herself for an hour. So many times relaxation and stress relief are overlooked and considered minor issues, but reducing stress and increasing relaxation time ensures optimal health of both mother and baby.
As a qualified Reflexologist trained in Maternity Reflexology I pride myself in providing a safe, nurturing space for mom’s to come and just be and enjoy their time out while receiving a Reflexology treatment. The Reflexology session is specific to mom and her number of weeks of pregnancy. As I am also a trained Childbirth Educator with GentleBirth and a Doula I have an understanding of the maternity services and care currently available, backed with knowledge on evidence based research and best practice guidelines I hope that this will encourage mom’s to seek and ask questions on any areas of concerns that they may have, if mom thinks she needs it we can organise A brainstorming with the doula sesssion to cover topics in more details.
10 Benefits to Maternity Reflexology:
- Reflexology increases the health and wellbeing of women and provides a comforting and nurturing environment for both mother and baby.
- Allows mom time to herself, to just be
- Gives mom that space where she can bond with her baby and listen to her GentleBirth tracks if she wishes.
- Helps to ease discomfort, aches and pains associated with pregnancy such as; low back pain, labour sciatica and sympysis pubis diastasis (SPD)
- Your treatment is specific to you and tailored to meet your needs
- Helps to prepare your body and mind for labour by balancing the body systems, especially the endocrine system which governs hormones and the labour process.
- Scheduling regular treatments during the 3rd trimester can help to reduce the length of labour. For a recommended schedule of treatments check out FAQ Maternity Reflexology
- Reflexology can be used during labour to help relax between surges (if this is something you are interested in I can show your birth partner how to apply reflexology during labour)
- Helps to relieve digestive issues such as; heartburn, indigestion, constipation and haemorrhoids.
- Has a feel good factor, making you feel good and proactive about your wellbeing during pregnancy.
As I am a registered reflexologist with the NRRI you maybe able to claim back on your private health insurance for maternity reflexology treatments, amounts depend on your level of cover so please consult your insurance provider.
For more information or to make an appointment contact Anita on 087-1917907 or via Contact me page